Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland

Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland

Hlane Royal National Park is in the eastern lowveld of Swaziland

Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland
Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland

near Simunye village. Approx. 1 and a half hours drive from the Ezulwini Valley.

Hlane Royal National Park, home to the largest herds of game in the Kingdom, encompasses 22,000 hectares of Swazi bushveld and is dominated by ancient hardwood vegetation. Home to Lion, Elephant, White Rhino, Giraffe and a

Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland
Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland

whole host of other species, Hlane is also blessed with an abundant and diverse bird life, including the highest density of nesting white backed vultures in Africa.

‘Hlane’ means ‘Wilderness’ in siSwati and has two rest camps: Ndlovu and Bhubesi, which allow you to get back to nature.

Ndlovu is found immediately inside Hlane Royal National Park’s main gate, easily accessible via the well-maintained tar Simunye road and offers a wide range of accommodation including camping, rondavels and self-catering cottages – all located near to a large open-air restaurant which overlooks a waterhole frequented by Elephant and White Rhino. It is romantically lit by candle and lanterns at night where the absence of electricity makes for an authentic stay in the bush.

Bhubesi is located 14km from Ndlovu Camp and can be accessed by self-driving through the parks internal roads. The camp encapsulates six self-contained and self-catering beautiful stone cottages with all the comforts of home, including electricity, in a pristine riverine setting.

Guests at both camps along with day visitors can take advantage of a wide range of activities - self-drive roads, Open Land Rover Game Drives, Lion or Rhino Tours, Guided Mountain Bike Trails, Birding Walks and the Umphakatsi Visit to the neighbouring real Chief’s Village which all depart from the activity centre at Ndlovu Camp. Hlane also offers one or two night fully-catered Ehlatsini Bush Trails – ideal for bush fanatics!

En-suite -rondavel huts at Ndlovu Camp, self-catering cottages at both Ndlovu and Bhubesi Camps. Game drives, guided cycling and White Rhino Tracking. Restaurant at Ndlovu camp only

Rondavel huts and self-catering accommodation – all en-suite. No electricity at Ndlovu Camp, everything runs on gas / paraffin. Bhubesi camp has electricity and is suited more for the self-catering guest due to the distance from the restaurant at Ndlovu Camp.

availability at Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland

Cancellations and Modifications Any cancellations / modifications are required in writing and will be penalized as follows: 30 – 21 days before arrival – 25% total booking value 14 – 20 days before arrival – 50% total booking value 7 – 13 days before arrival – 75% total booking value 0 – 6 days before arrival – 100% total booking value All refunds (for pre-paid bookings) and modifications are subject to a 15% handling fee or minimum charge of E150-00.

The rates do not include the Park entry fee (conservation fee) of R35 p/adult, R17.50 p/ child U13yrs (Babies U3yrs – free). Free entry for valid WILDcard holders. Check-in is 2pm / Check-out is 10am – Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of the required deposit. – Failure to pay the deposit by the specified date results in the facilities being re-opened for booking. – All rates are listed in Emalangeni, the Swaziland currency. One Emalangeni is equivalent to one South African Rand. – Annual rates are valid from 1st December to the 30th November annually subject to confirmation at the time of booking. – Rates include 14% VAT only. Bed Levies not included.

Children aged between 0 and 2 stay free.
Children aged between 3 and 12 pay 50% of the sharing rate.

 

Unique memorable safaris and travel in Southern Africa